Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me by +Tahereh Mafi 

Genre: Young Adult

Book Description:
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.



WOW! I can't find words worthy of saying how awesome this book was! This book was so crazy! I could not put the thing down! In fact, at one point my roommate had to take the book from me just so I could study for a test I had the next day! 
So this book was like X-men meets a crazy awesome dystopian world! I loved everything about it! From Juliette's obsession with numbers(which sounds weird but was a big thing to her because for the longest time it was the only thing that kept her sane) to the amazing love story between Adam and Juliette, to the crazy psycho leader who is also in love with Juliette. Which can I just say Warner is super crazy! Like "so creepy you get the chills from this guy" crazy! 
Another thing I loved about this book was that you never knew what to expect!! You didn't know who to trust and you couldn't guess what was going to happen next! This is so awesome because I am sure everyone will agree with me when I say there is nothing more disappointing when you can guess the whole story before you even get too far into it!
SPOILER ALERT!!! (you have been warned)
So, my heart totally breaks for Juliette in this book. I could not imagine what it would be like to have a deadly touch. But can I also say that she is super lucky she can touch Adam! He is so freaking amazing and just awesome! Yes, you do find out that she can also touch Warner(which if you have heard anything about Unravel Me chapter 62, you know it comes into play) but thats not the point in this book. 
One of the best parts in the book is when Juliette goes super kick butt and ends up busting up a whole concrete wall with her powers because she is so pissed off at Warner! And then later on when she is able to claw through a steel door that is a couple inches thick to save Adam! How awesome is she!!!
I was so on edge the whole time from when Adam and Juliette escape to the end of the book! I was totally rooting for them to get away but it was so stressful when Warner and his army came to where they were hiding out! I was totally biting my nails at that part!
But I love when Kenji finally gets them to safety and Juliette gets a chance at not feeling alone anymore! Getting to hear about the other people's powers at this place is totally awesome!! 

5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

What you will look like while reading this book!








No comments:

Post a Comment