Monday, January 7, 2013

Book Review: Meant To Be by: Lauren Morrill

Meant To Be by: Lauren Morrill

Book Description:
Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question. 
It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").
But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.
Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.


5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

My Opinion: This book was totally fun to read! It had adventure, drama, romance, and so many other emotions. I loved how up and down this book was, and you never knew what to expect! There were so many moments when I was frustrated with Julia and Jason. They both seemed to screw up at just the wrong moments. I was rooting for them, then rooting for Julia to go for the new mysterious guy, then back to Jason, then Mark, and so on so on. I was all over the place with this book but that is one of the things I loved most. I couldn't decide what I wanted to happen and the book kept me on my toes. 
The characters are so real too! When I was reading this book, I would sometimes find myself saying, "come on Jason, what are you thinking?" or "Julia OPEN YOU EYES!" I actually felt like I knew these characters! It is awesome writing!

My favorite part (SPOILER ALERT FROM THIS POINT ON!)
One of the biggest things I love about this book is the fact that it addresses the "meant to be, perfect guy" topic. This time though, instead of everything being exactly perfect, and classic novel romantic, it is real life stuff! It isn't what Julia had pictured for herself, it isn't what she read in the books but she is still so happy! I loved this most about the book! Julia had her whole perfect guy picked out, and figured it would be everything she imagined, but instead gets Jason. But he really ends up being such a great guy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment